Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Layout Tuesday: Off-Road


Hello Scrapbookers! Nicole, here, with another Layout Tuesday! Thank you for joining us. Today's layout focuses on my younger brother and his precious ATV that was handed down to him. 



I started with this base paper by Karen Foster Design. The dirty trails are a great base for any outdoors-themed layout. I grabbed the matching cardstock stickers too!


As you can see in the picture above, I layered almost every cardstock sticker in the set onto the page! The chipboard number was a scrap found in my stash that fit perfectly with my 3-wheeler layout! 


I really wanted to add lots of texture to the layout. Therefore I used the Tim Holtz Distressing Tool to distress the edges of the photo mat and background papers. Core'dinations cardstock was used so a hint of red would show in the distressed areas, tying in the red of the ATV.

In addition to texture, I added dimension as well. To have the picture stand out and sit higher than the chipboard number, I added foam risers to the back. My favorite is Scrapbook Adhesives 3D Foam Squares. These are harder than most risers and don't flatten after the page has been stored in an album. Therefore the dimension and shading is still easily seen while in a page protector. The circle sticker was also added with foam risers to balance out the layout.


I love creating layouts with lots of texture and dimension. Have you used any of the techniques mentioned in today's post? We'd love to see your take - Leave us a link in the comment section below or post it to our Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment