Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Layout Tuesday: Life Is Sweet


Good morning Paper Crafters. It's Tuesday, which means it's time to share another layout! Today we have a cute, sentimental layout from our Creative Genius Nicole. Here's what she had to say about the layout... 


This is an older photo from the cabin, and let me tell you, that morning felt anything but sweet. We all woke up before the sun rose to head out on the freezing lake and fish the morning away. But, as you can see in the journaling, the sun began to rise as we stood on the dock, and my lovely friends and their gorgeous smiles made every minute of that cold, foggy, wet, early morning perfect! You can't even tell none of us showered! 

There's a few things I knew before starting the layout... 
  1. The photo was my focal point. I wanted the eyes to be drawn first to the photo. 
  2. There would be journaling. There are times when I want to be the only person who can find the journaling, but this was not the case. I wanted it out in the open and a main element of the page. 
  3. The colors were to reflect these girls, their personalities, and the theme of the page. Rather than choosing brown and green colors and highlighting the woods where we were, I chose the bright colors in the photo that create the fun, playful mood of the journaling and the emotion I wanted to preserve. 
With those in mind, I picked papers in the two bright colors of the photo and kept the embellishments to a minimum. The Xyron Sticker Maker was used to add the polka dot ribbon to the page. Simple and perfect. 

I challenge you to think of the mood you want to express with your next page. Use colors, embellishments, and patterns to help you convey a unified message. 

Thanks Nicole! And thank you to all of you for stopping by today. We'd love to see what you're working on this week! Leave us a link in the comments below or post a photo to our Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment