Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Layout Tuesday: Photos Of Friendship


Hello bloggers! It's Nicole... Are you ready for another edition of Layout Tuesday? Today I'm sharing a personal page I created using some great products found at Creations Galore. For those that aren't next door to our store, we've added pictures and links directly to our online store. You can now find all the products we've used for each project or tutorial at the very bottom of every post. 

Now it's time for the layout! A little background knowledge: I love photo booths! Every time I see one, I force whoever is with me to get inside... no one is exempt from the craziness of it all. I have a huge collection of them. Both colored and black and white, just me and overloaded with people, simple smiles and with props, dressed up and dressed down. They're a wonderful collection of memories. Each one brings me back to that wedding, movie, or road trip. One person in particular has been the subject of my photo booth obsession more than anyone else: My roommate, Rachael. Rachael is my opposite in almost every way. She's more of an introvert, a logical thinker, and a real left brain (as I call them). Looking back through our photo booth pictures reminds me of all the times she's been crazy with me. She never seems to question my obscurities. Instead she jumps right in, helping me out with my newest creative endeavor or making a ridiculous face four different times. With that in mind, I created the following layout:



The papers and stamps used in this layout were from the Hall Pass collection by We R Memory Keepers. I enjoy the challenge of using papers meant for a specific occasion in a new way. I first stamped the speech bubble from the Text Message stamp set. You could fill in the speech bubble with numerous phrases, dates, or names; however, I chose to fill it with sentiments from the stamp set that seemed to fit in with the theme of my page.


How fun are these rub ons? They all come from the same set by Daily Bucket Designs. And at only $1.69, you can't go wrong! While creating this page, I accidentally put part of a star rub on in a place I didn't want to. How many times have you ever done that? It's like smudging ink on the card you just finished. However, with the Adhesive Remover from EK Success, you can easily remove rub ons!


The title, journaling, and other doodles were created with Copic pens. The multiliner is my go-to marker for illustrations, as well as touching up my stamped images. It's water and Copic proof, which means no smearing! The sparkly doodles were made with an atyou Spica pen. The pen is acid free and filled with micro glass glitter and pigment ink, a real show stopper! 



Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed the layout and learned a little bit about me in the process. Now get out those rub ons, stamps, and journaling pens, and start creating!  


Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment