Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Video Tutorial: Partial Die Cutting

Good morning! Nicole, here, with a fun video walking you through a fun technique that I've explored recently on cards. I first saw this technique used by Jennifer McGuire. That woman always has great ideas! 


In the video, I use partial die cutting to create the card above. Only a portion of the hello cut through the cardstock, allowing the die cut to stay attached to the card front. A piece of patterned paper from We R Memory Keepers' Farmers Market Collection shows through the open space. See more below: 


To complete the card, I wrote a line with a black marker, stamped a cute sentiment from My Favorite Things, and added bling from Studio Calico. A quick and fun card! 


Thank you for joining us for today's video tutorial. Give partial die cutting a try... The ideas are endless! 

CARD SUPPLIES 
Cardstock: Paper Cut (White)
Patterned Paper: We R Memory Keepers (Farmer's Market Collection)
Die: Lawn Fawn (Scripty Hello)
Die Cutting Tool: Sizzix Vagabond
Stamps: My Favorite Things
Inks: Memento (Tuxedo Black), ZIG Writer (Black)
Bling: Studio Calico

No comments:

Post a Comment