Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Layout Tuesday: Beautiful You

Good morning! It's time for another inspiring layout from Nicole's desk. 



I love this picture of my momma. You'll recognize her as Creations Galore manager, Lori. My brother and I put together a fancy dinner at my apartment for her birthday last May. The picture contains colors that I couldn't match to any of my papers. You can just imagine my excitement when I discovered BoBunny's Prairie Chic Collection. It has the main colors of brown and yellow, as well as the light pink and blues that are hidden in that awkward towel hanging in the background! haha I really wanted to eat that cheesecake, so taking another picture without it there was not an option! 


I used the Prairie Chic Brads throughout the layout. The true beauty brad looks like a vintage find. 


Along with the brads, die cuts and stickers were used on the layout. Both the floral circle and beautiful you banner were stickers. To add dimension, I used the Powder Tool from EK Success to eliminate the stickiness. I then added foam risers to the backs and adhered them to the layout. In my Scrapbook 101 class, it's a common question as to why you would need to eliminate the stickiness. To answer that question, this layout is going into an album. If I were to leave it a sticker, when the book is closed, the sticker would squish onto the paper and STICK. You'll have an awkward sticker with little square risers underneath. Can you say ugly?! Using the powder tool allows the sticker to only cling to the foam applicator tool. When the album opens up to that page, the dimension will still be there.


We hope you're inspired by a few elements of this page. Stop into Creations Galore at 3164 Coronet Way in Green Bay, Wisconsin to see the layout up close, along with shop the entire Prairie Chic Collection! 

LAYOUT SUPPLIES
Patterned Paper: BoBunny (Calico, Corral, Dot, Flea Market Finds, Yard Sale)
Embellishments: BoBunny (Prairie Chic Combo Sticker, Prairie Chic Brads)
Adhesive: MyStik (Permanent Strips), Scrapbook Adhesives (3D Foam Squares)
Extras: EK Success (Powder Tool, Honey Bee Scissors)

No comments:

Post a Comment