Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Layout Tuesday: Christmas Album Cover Page

Hello crafters! Welcome to Layout Tuesday at the Creations Galore blog! We're happing to bring you a new page every week to inspire you in your memory keeping journey. Let's take a look at what Nicole created this week... 


This Christmas themed layout was created with papers and embellishments from the Yuletide Collection by We R Memory Keepers. There are so many gorgeous patterns in this collection that can work with non-holiday cards and pages. However, I'm getting a head start on my documentation. I'm always so wrapped up (pun!) in the events of Christmas day that I never seem to snap pictures of what's going on. This year I'm planning to use this page as the cover page of my holiday album. I created six spots for a 2" x 2" photo of this year's festivities. The photos will be various moments I want to spotlight, leaving the rest of the album for more specific photos.



I laid a piece of vellum over the patterned paper to create some texture and better highlight the photos without adding another defined layer. To adhere the vellum, I used the MyStik Vellum tape runner. I'm addicted to this adhesive. You honestly can't see any of the adhesive. It has made me fearless when it comes to using this material on my cards and pages. Around the edge of the vellum, I used a stitch stamp with black StazOn ink (so it won't smear on the glossy vellum surface) to create the faux stitching around the layer. 


In the photo above, you'll see how I've cut the holly and bow from a second sheet of the 12" x 12" die cut. I adhered it to the page using foam risers, bringing attention to the piece.  


How great are these self adhesive, layered chipboard embellishments?! It's so easy to create dimension and beauty. You can stop into Creations Galore to check out the entire Yuletide collection. 

Thanks for stopping by the blog today. How do you document the holidays? 

PAGE SUPPLIES
Patterned Paper: We R Memory Keepers (Gift, Dots)
Cardstock: We R Memory Keepers(Yuletide Grey, Yuletide Dark Green)
Vellum: Paper Cut (28#)
Stamp: Peachy Keen Stamps (Happy Flowers and Cheerful Phrases)
Ink: StazOn (Jet Black)
Adhesive: MyStik (Permanent Strips, Permanent Vellum)
Embellishments: We R Memory Keepers (Mini Badges, Layered Chipboard Tags, Layered Chipboard Words)

No comments:

Post a Comment